Characters gain a feat at every odd level. This is in addition to Ability Score Improvements characters would gain as part of their class. These feats are approximately 1/3 the power level of a RAW feat.
If you have an idea for a feat, it generally does one of the following:
- Situationally provide advantage (or impose disadvantage) a very specific type of action
- Take a restrictive class feature and loosen its restrictions slightly
- Take an existing class feature and augment it slightly
- Gain a lesser version of a class feature from outside your class.
- Provide additional options in very specific scenarios.
- Take an existing mechanic and make it slightly more powerful for you.
- General Feats – Feats that apply to everyone.
- Magic Feats – Feats for spellcasters
- Combat Feats – Feats to modify combat abilities
- Equipment Feats – Feats to modify weapons, armor, shields, and other combat gear
- Class Feats – Feats specific to a class
- Teamwork Feats – Feats that provide additional coordination for characters that both have them
- Betrayal Feats – Feats that provide a large bonus in exchange for screwing over your allies.
- Signature Skill Powers – Powers gained by taking the Signature Skill feat for a particular skill.
- Signature Talent Powers – Powers gained by taking the Signature Talent feat for a particular toolkit.